Monday, March 3, 2008
getting old
I was reading the book, the Bourne Ultimatum, and in the book (not the movie) Jason Bourne a/k/a David Webb is 50 years old. There is a part of the book where he recognizes that he can no longer do all of the things he could when he was in his late thirties. Well, who can? I am just coming to grips with the fact that my body no longer rebounds the way it did when I was 25 or 30. I get sore from playing the Wii, heck I get sore from taking out the trash. Anyway, I thought it fitting to mention this as I am turning 41 tomorrow. 41!! As a friend said, "Wow, most of us never thought you'd make it to 31." It is hard when you begin to fathom the deterioration of your own body. When I was younger, I could gain or lose 5-20 pounds at a whim. Now I am happy to shed a single pound and find that if I do the same things which made me maintain in previous years, I lose ground now. I have every reason to believe, based upon a graph I have created, that I will be a living semblance of Jabba the Hut within ten years. Or, if I run every day, lift weights and eat well, I will only look like Chris Farley reincarnated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy 41st Birthday! Have fun, laugh, be silly, enjoy your day! Enjoy reading your honest blog. JW
41?!?!? Holy crap! You are old! (I know I've been there for 8 months already, but I'm senile.) I hope you find some time to sit your old butt down, watch Blazing Saddles, and enjoy a good scalding from a Hot Pocket.
Happy birthday brother!
Post a Comment